Reservations & Waitlist
While walk-ins are welcome, class sizes are limited and are often sold out. We highly recommend reserving classes online in order to guarantee your spot in class. Reservations are studio specific and can be made as far in advance as you wish.
Classes fill up quickly, but spaces will open up as clients reschedule. If you’d like to attend a class that is full, please put yourself on the waitlist. If a spot opens up in class and you are within the cancellation window (10hrs for 6am and 7am classes, and 45 minutes for all other classes) then you will be placed into class automatically and you will receive an email or text notification. It is up to you to cancel your spot in class if you were confirmed from waitlist and are no longer able to attend.
When you arrive at the studio, please check-in at the front desk. Reservations will be honored up to five minutes into the class start time. If you do not arrive within 5 minutes after the start of class, your reservation will be given to someone on the waitlist.
Cancellations & No-Shows
- For all early morning classes (6am, 7am, and 7:30am), you must cancel your reservation at least 10 hours in advance to avoid being considered a no-show. This allows ample time for those moved into class from waitlist to plan on attending.
- For any other classes, please cancel your reservation at least 45 minutes in advance to avoid being considered a no-show.
- If you are using a class package, a no-show results in a loss of that class. If you are using a membership package, your account will be charged $10 for a no-show.
- Remember: failing to cancel within the windows above will count as a no-show.
Late Arrival to Class
- First time students may not enter a class late. Arriving 10 minutes early is highly recommended.
- Returning students may enter an ongoing class up to, but not after, 10 minutes into class.
- Upon entering class, lift your knees 40 times to warm up before joining in.
- Please wear exercise pants that cover the knees (or wear compression/bike shorts under above-knee shorts), a top that cover the midriff, and socks that cover the entire foot.
- Students may bring their own socks from home, or purchase trademarked Bar Method socks with sticky grips at the studio.
- Capped water bottles are allowed.
- Please do not bring cell phones into the exercise studio. You may ask the front desk manager to keep your phone for you during class if you are expecting a very important phone call. Otherwise, store it in the lockers with the rest of your belongings.
- Please do not chew gum in the exercise studio.
- We provide towels without charge. Please leave your towel in the hamper on your way out
- First-time students who are pregnant must take at least 10 pre-natal exercise classes before joining the regular class. This can be done at either at the San Francisco Marina flagship location, or at home with The Bar Method Pregnancy DVD’s.
- New and continuing pregnant students must provide the front desk with a note from their doctor allowing them to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- Pregnant students can opt to take the first half of the class (which focuses on the arms and legs) for half price.
- Refer to Pregnant Or Post Natal for detailed modification information.
- Clients must be at least 13 years old
- Clients between the ages of 13 and 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- We welcome children at least 3 months of age.
- We recommend making a reservation as we restrict the number of children in the childcare room. You can make reservations for childcare either by phone or in person up to 24 hours in advance. When reserving by phone, please indicate your name, the time of the class you plan to attend, and the name and age of your child. If you do not hear back from us, your reservation has been confirmed.
- Childcare costs $6 per child (or $5 per child for monthly members) and is is available Monday through Friday. Please see our online schedule or more information on available times.